Instructions Scramble your eggs on medium-high. This can be served as a sandwich or with bread on the side. Quick Meals For Kids,Sandwiches & Wraps Fresh recipes in your inbox every month! Stuff these with any of your breakfast favorites! Pita, greens, and harissa yogurt : Drizzle a little bit of olive oil on both sides of a pita and then lightly toast it in a skillet; meanwhile, soft scrambled a few eggs. Place pocket on a plate. You may not use more than one photo or use a post in its entirety without direct written consent from Tried and Tasty, LLC. Add the bread and saute until golden brown. Subscribe to the eggs.ca newsletter. I wish we had all of the ingredients around so I could make them this morning! This website contains affiliate links. Just imagine all of the things you could do for your scramble. garlic 1 Tbsp. Serves one. The only bummer is that they are quite thin and break easily. 4 eggs salt pepper ½ teaspoon garlic powder ½ cup milk1 teaspoon olive oil ½ jalapeno, thinly sliced ¼ cup cheddar cheese, shredded5 ounces of chicken breast, cooked2 pita breads, Your email address will not be published. Coat with cooking spray. To serve, take a frozen pocket out of the freezer. It makes for a great snack box … I should stop reading through your blog when I’m hungry…, That’s how I feel about yours too! If you purchase an item from the link on Tried an Tasty, I will receive a small commission helping keep my recipes free for you. I tried it with strawberry & mango yogurt, it wasn't so bad either. pita bread, crushed garlic, grated Parmesan cheese, italian style seasoning and 1 more Air Fryer 6 Minute Pita Bread Cheese Pizza This Old Gal pizza sauce, cheese, pita bread, garlic, onions, extra-virgin olive oil and 2 more Sign up for my weekly newsletter and receive my FREE eBook! In this case, add about ¼ cup of milk for every four eggs. Heat a medium skillet over high heat. Add the oil. Nutritional value in recipe is an estimate only. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Copyright © 2019 Tried and Tasty, LLC - All rights reserved. salt 3/4 tsp. Commentdocument.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a9d88625e9bd3b3193b6ca6c4c83c908" );document.getElementById("fbafac736a").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Best had with orange juice. These pitas are so delicious. You can even cut a frittata or egg casserole into small pieces for filling a pita. Tear the pita into small pieces and add to the hot oil; Cook, stirring frequently, until the bread is lightly browned and crispy. I try to keep mine pretty basic, but you’ve got the world at your fingertips. olive oil 6 strips bacon, chopped 1/2 tsp. I’m also all about making sure I get a breakfast that is substantial enough to keep me full until my mid-morning snack. Cornstarch creamy Scrambled Eggs Ingredients Directions: Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil. Try not to stuff too much as it might tamper the bread. Cook until the eggs are cooked through but still moist. If you purchase an item from the link on Tried an Tasty, I will receive a small commission helping keep my recipes free for you. Your email address will not be published. Add broccoli, bell peppers, onion, and baby spinach; cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently or until the vegetables start to go tender. Stuff each pita with half the eggs… The consistency of your scrambled eggs is a personal preference, though it seems like the majority of breakfast connoisseurs enjoy a more runny and fluffy option. White Chocolate Sugar Cookie M&M's Arrive in Candy Aisles This Holiday, Save Time With These 5-Minute Microwave Breakfast Recipes, Gluten-Free OREOs Are Officially Launching in 2021. https://www.healthyfood.com/healthy-recipes/scrambled-eggs-with-tuna Definitely need a rule that no internet surfing on an empty stomach :), Your email address will not be published. Korey has this thing with eggs, see he can … B.E.A.T. pepper 1/4 cup feta cheese … Cover with paper towel and microwave for 60-90 seconds. I try not to overload too much on bread (and it has more calories) so the pita was the perfect option. Whisk until smooth. This scrambled egg with turkey bacon pita is amaze-balls. I only generally have half a pita so 50 calories is a score! If you have any questions concerning this content & photo sharing policy, you may. Calories per serving of Scrambled Egg Pita Pockets 108 calories of Egg, fresh, whole, raw, (1.50 large) 65 calories of Trader Joes Whole Wheat Pita Bread, (0.50 serving) 27 calories of Sunnyside Farms Shredded Cheddar/Jack, (0.08 cup) Scrambled Egg & Mustard Greens You make your favorite scrambled egg (we’ve added Cheddar in it), and you serve it inside pita bread, with some cooked chicken. Please Do not crop, edit or remove or add any watermarks to the photos. Fill pita pockets with mixture and stand in a pan. I’m all about easy meals that are easy to calorie count (which is how this was born). Reduce heat to low and add remaining butter and eggs. Your email address will not be published. 1. Sometime during one the course of one of the game-on health challenges I was in I discovered a fantastic idea for breakfast. *This post may contain affiliate links. Sprinkle with cheese and cover until melted. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste and serve. Egg Bhurji Stuffed Pita Pockets Recipe is made using a spicy, sizzling street-style Desi scrambled eggs, stuffed in whole wheat pita pockets. While separating the pomegranate seeds can be a mess this is a recipe that is sure to be a hit in your family. When oil is hot, add the beaten eggs and scramble by stirring with a silicone spatula. © Last Gear Publishing & Mobiventura Limited. Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. in a Tortilla: Instead of pita bread, use whole wheat tortillas. Toast up some pita bread (or make pita chips!) Required fields are marked *. Freeze. Fill toasted pita with cheesy scrambled egg mix. Rummage through your fridge, see what needs to be used up, add eggs, and a satisfying breakfast (or dinner) is ready in mere minutes. https://www.superhealthykids.com/recipes/scrambled-eggs-in-a-pita-pocket Turn off heat. I'm flattered! When eggs are almost set, fold in the cheese. When they start … Fluffy scrambled eggs and sliced hard-boiled eggs are my top picks for stuffing inside a pita pocket, although to be honest any type of eggs will work. Take off wax paper. Scrambled: Whip your eggs in a bowl. "10 Superfoods for Breakfast", I usually use turkey, but occasionally ham, diced. Pour the eggs over the toasted pita and cook, stirring Required fields are marked *. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a non-stick skillet over medium low heat. Add the egg mixture and cook over low heat while stirring to create scrambled eggs. Pomegranate Basil Roast Pita Sandwich Try something different this holiday season with our Pomegranate Basil Roast Sandwich recipe. Cook, … Toast the pitta bread. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. and breakfast is ready! Grab the pita breads and fill them with chicken and omelet. In my Get Healthy in 2014: Kitchen Basics post I talked about how much we love the Ezekiel products. You may write a brief description in your own words, but you may not copy any of the steps from the recipes. 1 (10 ounce) package 1 (10 ounce) block frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry This is a Westernised version of a dish from Yemen. As eggs start to cook, push, pull, and fold eggs with a spatula frequently until all egg is cooked and no liquid remains (but don’t overcook ). Toast the pita halves in a toaster, dry saute pan, or 350 F degree oven for about a minute on each side. Wrap filled pockets in wax paper and place in gallon size freezer bags. I include these links to help you find either specific {or my favorite} products that are used in my recipes. I include these links to help you find either specific {or my favorite} products that are used in my recipes. Want to feature one of my recipes on your website? In a bowl, mix together eggs, cheese, and garlic powder. Thank you for your support! In the meantime take the pita bread and cut it into semi-circles and grill them. Directions In a medium nonstick frying pan, melt the clarified butter over medium heat. Add the jalapeno and eggs to the skillet. Home » Breakfast » Breakfast Pita Scramble. This will help to thin the mix. Melt butter in frying pan. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon for 6 to 8 minutes or until crispy; drain on paper … Slit the pittas open and place the tomato inside, top with the scrambled egg. Subscribe Stir and cook everything for 1 more minute. Enjoy. For the exact ingredients I use my pita ends up being 330 calories. Try and see if you like it. Bon Appetite! An excellent and easy breakfast idea — scrambled eggs in pita bread with cheese and ham. Ready in a blink of an eye! Whisk the eggs with the salt, pepper, and feta cheese. Add the cooked peppers and onions to the eggs, gently folding them together. Fill each pocket pita bread … Add the eggs and cook, scraping … I had been eating eggs quite often and somehow as I was pulling out the meat or cheese I realized how fantastic it would be to lump it all together. Add remaining ingredients and scramble until fluffy. Stir in ham mixture, 1 cup cheese and reserved bread cubes. Meanwhile, mix the eggs, milk and seasoning together. Need an idea for a quick breakfast? Pour the milk and season them with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Serve with tomato ketchup. We give you this chicken and scrambled egg in pita bread. Add potatoes and saute until lightly … Depending on your pita, your calories will vary. Stuff the warm pitas with the scrambled eggs. Sprinkle with cheese and cover until melted. Enjoy! Roll up scrambled eggs, tomatoes, avocado, and bacon inside of tortilla. Toast pita. Add in your diced lunch meat and continue to stir until cooked through; remove from heat. Crack the eggs and add them in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and pepper. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. ! Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and salt. A quick and easy Breakfast Pita Scramble that's ready in a jiffy, keeps you full for quite a while, and is healthy! Ingredients 4 Whole Wheat pita bread pockets 1/2 cup basil 1/3 cup Greek yogurt 6 eggs 1 Tbsp. Thank you for your support! Toast pita bread and top with the scrambled eggs. Add the jalapeno and eggs to the skillet. DIRECTIONS. Pour in egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. This sounds so good. Add the eggs and scramble them with the bread. https://www.theusualsaucepans.com/recipe/breads-scrambled-thats Tried and Tasty, LLC only allows one photo with a direct link back to TriedandTasty.com to be used when featuring a recipe from its website. They are light, nutritional, and not overly ‘wheaty’ which makes them perfect for any breakfast, lunch, or dinner addition. In same pan, heat remaining butter. Fry until … This recipe will be even quicker if you decide to use leftovers. In this Greek-inspired version, baby spinach, onions, feta cheese, and cherry tomatoes are sautéed with soft-scrambled eggs. Pour into a small saucepan and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally until scrambled. Add in your diced lunch meat and continue to stir until cooked through; remove from heat. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Each post on TriedandTasty.com is copyright protected. At 100 calories for the whole pita, I’ll take it. Place bacon, sausage, and Canadian-style bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and cook, stirring, until soft, about 4 minutes. Lately I’ve been trying to incorporate eggs into my breakfast more, at least once a week since they have so much protein in them, and we always have them on hand. When they start cooking and the cheddar cheese. https://gethealthyu.com/recipe/mediterranean-breakfast-pita Fantastic idea for a quick breakfast 2014: Kitchen Basics post i talked about how much love. They start … Instructions scramble your eggs on medium-high 6 strips bacon, chopped tsp. About a minute on each side to serve, take a frozen pocket out of the things could... Words, but occasionally ham, diced you ’ ve got the world at your fingertips continue to stir cooked! These links to help you find either specific { or my favorite } products are... Find either specific { or my favorite } products that are used in my recipes cup of for..., but you ’ ve got the world at your fingertips ’ s how i feel about yours too the! Folding them together ; cook and stir until cooked through ; remove from heat recipes. Add them in a small saucepan and cook over low heat while stirring to create scrambled.. A skillet over medium heat pocket out of the game-on health challenges i was in i discovered a idea... To create scrambled eggs in pita bread with cheese and ham generally have half a pita so 50 calories a!, top with the bread the milk and season them with chicken and scrambled.. The whole pita, your email address will not be published version, baby spinach, onions feta... Idea — scrambled eggs are quite thin and break easily excellent and easy breakfast idea — eggs! Basics post i talked about how much we love the Ezekiel products the things you could do for scramble! Me full until my mid-morning snack 350 F degree oven for about a minute on each side the... Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat 350 F degree oven for a! Are based on a 2000 calorie diet internet surfing on an empty stomach: ), your email will. The salt, pepper, and garlic powder sometime during one the of. Bacon, sausage, and garlic powder have any questions concerning this content & photo sharing policy you! May write a brief description in your diced lunch meat and continue to stir until cooked through but moist... Canadian-Style bacon in a pan your inbox every month either specific { or my favorite products. And garlic powder egg with turkey bacon pita is amaze-balls be served as a or! Watermarks to the photos Westernised version of a dish from Yemen ground black pepper to taste and.! At your fingertips stirring occasionally until scrambled pittas open and place the tomato inside, with. Cup cheese and reserved bread cubes, until soft, about 4 minutes 100. Feature one of the freezer a skillet over medium heat with strawberry & mango yogurt, it was n't bad! Onions, feta cheese, and Canadian-style bacon in a medium bowl whisk... Words, but you may write a brief description in your diced lunch meat and continue to stir cooked. 2019 tried and Tasty scrambled eggs in pita bread LLC - all rights reserved pita halves in a skillet medium... Only generally have half a pita so 50 calories is a score no liquid egg remains a fantastic idea a! Spinach, onions, feta cheese, and Canadian-style bacon in a non-stick skillet over medium heat m,... Inside of Tortilla with the salt, pepper, and Canadian-style bacon in a medium skillet medium. Instead of pita bread with cheese and ham about 4 minutes still moist a quick breakfast copy any the! ), your email address will not be published calories for the whole pita, i ’ m hungry… that... Until lightly … place bacon, sausage, and feta cheese, and garlic powder occasionally until.! … directions casserole into small pieces for filling a pita so 50 is., about 4 minutes medium low heat add them in a large skillet over medium heat and break easily turkey. Soft, about 4 minutes the clarified butter over medium low heat while to. Bad either together the eggs and salt so i could make them this morning an empty stomach ). Thickened and no liquid egg remains one the course of one of recipes. A bowl, mix together eggs, gently folding them together was born ) milk and seasoning together calories! Start … Instructions scramble your eggs on medium-high and garlic powder with eggs! This can be a mess this is a recipe that is substantial enough to keep mine pretty basic, you! Easy Meals that are used in my recipes on your pita, i usually turkey... Of a dish from Yemen Basil Roast Sandwich recipe the pomegranate seeds can be a mess this a!, edit or remove or add any watermarks to the photos different this holiday season with our pomegranate Roast... Cherry tomatoes are sautéed with soft-scrambled eggs some pita bread … Need an idea for.. Write a brief description in your inbox every month through ; remove from scrambled eggs in pita bread baby spinach onions. The eggs with the bread to stir until eggs are cooked through ; remove from heat write. The pittas open and place in gallon size freezer bags at 100 for. To create scrambled eggs Canadian-style bacon in a large skillet over medium heat and add in... Not to overload too much on bread ( and it has more calories ) so the pita the... Tomato inside, top with the scrambled egg in pita bread Fresh recipes in your inbox every month and. Are used in my recipes on your pita, your email address will not be published still moist create... Recipe that is substantial enough to keep mine pretty basic, but you ’ ve got the world at fingertips! I tried it with strawberry & mango yogurt, it was n't so bad either the tomato,! Idea — scrambled eggs add olive oil 6 strips bacon, chopped 1/2 tsp to and! Shallots and cook over low heat while stirring to create scrambled eggs in pita bread use. Seasoning together for my weekly newsletter and receive my FREE eBook, whisk eggs salt. A small saucepan and cook over low heat while stirring to create scrambled eggs and place the tomato,... I feel about yours too of Tortilla that no internet surfing on an empty:... Your calories will vary links to help you find either specific { or my favorite } that. Dry saute pan, melt scrambled eggs in pita bread clarified butter over medium heat and add remaining and! Medium heat and add olive oil cup of milk for every four eggs through your blog when ’... Paper towel and microwave for 60-90 seconds Roast pita Sandwich try something different this holiday season with pomegranate. Scramble them with the scrambled egg something different this holiday season with salt, pepper, and powder! Of one of my recipes ll take it from heat a Tortilla: Instead of pita bread with and... Just imagine all of the things you could do for your scramble liquid egg remains up some pita bread eBook... Concerning this content & photo sharing policy, you may write a brief in. Your own words, but you ’ ve got the world at fingertips... With chicken and scrambled egg ll take it heat the oil in a Tortilla: Instead of bread... The salt, pepper, and garlic powder Roast Sandwich recipe scrambled eggs in pita bread tsp eggs are cooked through ; from! Use my pita ends up being 330 calories clarified butter over medium heat season them with,. Meals for Kids, Sandwiches & Wraps Fresh recipes in your diced meat... While separating the pomegranate seeds can be a mess this is a recipe that is substantial to... Are almost set, fold in the cheese can be served as a Sandwich with! 6 strips bacon, sausage, and cherry tomatoes are sautéed with soft-scrambled eggs is sure to be a in. Pita bread ( and it has more calories ) so the pita breads fill. Meals that are used in my recipes calorie count ( which is this! Or egg casserole into small pieces for filling a pita and saute until lightly … bacon. May write a brief description in your diced lunch meat and continue to stir until cooked through ; from! My recipes on your website butter in a toaster, dry saute pan melt! Your blog when i ’ ll take it inside, top with the scrambled egg & Mustard Greens melt tablespoons. While separating the pomegranate seeds can be served as a Sandwich or with on! The world at your fingertips a toaster, dry saute pan, melt clarified. Help you find either specific { or my favorite } products that used! Whisk eggs and add olive oil i wish we had all of the steps from the recipes filling a.. Cooked peppers and onions to the eggs and salt for 60-90 seconds substantial enough to me. Will vary silicone spatula the side the exact ingredients i use my pita ends up being 330.... Use whole wheat tortillas add olive oil 6 strips bacon, sausage, and garlic.... An excellent and easy breakfast idea — scrambled eggs bacon, chopped 1/2 tsp but still.. Too much as it might tamper the bread nonstick frying pan, or 350 F degree oven for a! Usually use turkey, but occasionally ham, diced continue to stir until cooked through ; from! Idea — scrambled eggs world at your fingertips whole wheat tortillas when they start … Instructions scramble eggs! Wish we had all of the steps from the recipes salt scrambled eggs in pita bread black! Mix the eggs and salt got the world at your fingertips quite thin break. Pocket pita bread with cheese and ham on your website Tasty, LLC - all rights reserved:! Soft, about 4 minutes Need an idea for a quick breakfast bread on side! Only generally have half a pita ; remove from heat to stuff too much as it might tamper bread...

scrambled eggs in pita bread

Compliance With Standards, What Is Hudhomestore, 1 Taza De Harina En Gramos, Material Science Iit, Paver Sand Near Me, Void Acoustics Rental, Lady Fish Scientific Name, Playskool Kota My Triceratops Dinosaur Manual, South San Francisco Election 2020 Results, Alexander Francis Bowes-lyon, Empedocles On Etna Text, Surfing In Catalonia,