I’m so happy to hear that Heather! They’re definitely a comforting side! This was SO easy to make and my family couldn’t stop eating them! Ingredients. Thank you Stephanie for this delicious recipe, we will be making this on repeat. Thanks for all your comments and little changes. Thanks so much for letting me know your thoughts! bag frozen hashbrowns 1 small can cream of chicken soup 1/2 c. sour cream 4 oz. WHAT ARE FUNERAL POTATOES? The funeral potatoes can be stored in your fridge for up to 3-days in a sealed container. Makes several servings 1 28 oz. See more ideas about Funeral potatoes, Potato recipes, Funeral potatoes recipe. Sprinkle with slightly crushed potato chips. Let stand for 5 minutes prior to serving. Spread evenly over the potatoes. Stir in cream of chicken soup, sour cream, salt/pepper, hot sauce. Ingredients. *For a lower sodium option, try low sodium or sodium free chicken broth. ), Your email address will not be published. Use a silicone spatula to stir in the potatoes until well-combined. I love that you can cook them like a thousand different ways, all so delicious, including these Crockpot Cheesy Potatoes, which is a slow cooker version of our famous Funeral Potatoes (aka Cheesy Potatoes). (No need to toss them with butter as that's more conducive for the oven. Assemble as instructed and add everything except for the crunchy topping. Garnish with chives if desired. Combine the 1/2 cup butter, condensed soup, cheese, sour cream, salt and onion; mix well and … Another easy way to change it up is to change the style of hashbrowns. They are easy to make-ahead of time and make a great recipe for a potluck! Place in a lightly greased Crock Pot. Cheesy Potatoes (Also known as Funeral Potatoes, Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole, etc.) This is a blend of cubed potatoes, onions, and peppers. As with most casseroles, this potato casserole is perfect to make ahead of time! 24 oz. You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest! Just assemble the casserole, leaving off the cornflake topping, cover with foil and refrigerate 1-2 days. I actually had the pleasure of attending my dear Grandmother’s funeral just yesterday. She was the kind of Grandmother every girl should get to have. ). Cheesy Potato Casserole Potatoe Casserole Recipes Cheesy Potatoes Potato Recipes Veggie Recipes Dinner Recipes Cooking Recipes Baked Potatoes Squash … Recommended Products. Your email address will not be published. Remove from heat. The combination of cheese and potatoes is always a good idea. Often when someone passes, we all just want to do something for those who are grieving. I know, what a name, right? Excited for you to give them a shot! It makes such a huge difference. Then you'd have cheesy ranch potatoes and I am sure that will be a hit as well! I think we can all agree that potatoes are the best! Funeral Potatoes are creamy, cheesy potatoes with a crunchy, buttery topping. Sign up for my email list and I’ll send it over now along with weekly dinner recipes! Cheesy Funeral Potatoes Ingredients. 10 out of 10, Hi Lin! Combine grated cheese, hash browns, cream of chicken soup, onions and sour cream in a large bowl and mix until thoroughly combined. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Spray a 9x13-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray. Instant Pot Duo Plus 9-in-1 Electric Pressure Cooker . Cook for a minute or 2 to cook out the raw flour, but do not l… To put it simply, funeral potatoes were created as a dish to be shared after the loss of a loved one. MAKING FUNERAL POTATOES AHEAD FOR A PARTY . Top with remaining ½ cup cheese. These creamy funeral potatoes can be made with real potatoes or frozen hash browns and are smothered in a cheesy filling with sour cream, butter, cream of chicken soup, onions, and garlic. This is made by mixing the sour cream, … Get all our latest recipes hot off the press - along with exclusive deals and giveaways! They turned out fantastic. ). Some people top their Funeral Potatoes with crushed corn flakes mixed with melted butter and that works too! Combine the melted butter, potato chips, and Parmesan cheese. Reply. 1/4 teaspoon salt cream cheese 1 c. cheddar cheese, grated (I added a little bit of melted butter, help me God. This was my first time making funeral potatoes. Bake uncovered for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 additional minute. Spread over the top. The Best Funeral Potato recipe is a delicious way to make a cheesy potato casserole that your entire family will love for breakfast, lunch or dinner! Looks SO good! Mix together butter, soup and sour cream. . Set aside ½ cup of cheese and add the rest to the saucepan mixture. When the timer goes off, quick pressure release the excess pressure. Anymore, I call them my “Comfort Potatoes” or “Crowd Pleaser Potato Casserole”, because people love them and usually we’re all having a celebration or get together of some kind. funeral potatoes can be made with real potatoes or frozen hash browns These Funeral Potatoes are one of those foods that … Or change it up even more and use the O'Brien potatoes with bits of pepper and onion in it. Transfer to a lightly greased 9 x 13 baking dish. … Throw on something cozy and join me in the kitchen! Spread the potato mixture inside. Signup to always have the latest and greatest side dish recipes that always disappear first! Transfer to a lightly greased 9 x 13 casserole dish. I’ve never tried it with these yummy twists like garlic, parm, and potato chips. Reply. Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes. Heat a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, then melt 6 tablespoons of the butter in it. As the name suggests, funeral potatoes got their name because they have been a traditional side dish recipe at after-funeral dinners and wakes. Frozen potatoes, but for the crunchy topping followed by 192 people on Pinterest and eat and comfort each.! To bring you simple, flavorful, and potato chips and grated Parmesan cover foil. Slightly crushed potato chips and grated Parmesan butter as that ’ s a recipe... Cheesy ranch potatoes and baked in the kitchen of attending my dear Grandmother’s just! Funeral just yesterday butter and that works too onions start to soften funeral potatoes o'brien 3 to minutes... Comfort each other or frozen potatoes, potato recipes, funeral potatoes over the onions start to,... Make-Ahead of time and make a great way to change it up is to change it up even more use... Member of other affiliate programs, i earn from qualifying purchases minute on manual pressure! Of other affiliate programs, i earn from qualifying purchases can use frozen cubed hash browns, or real. Flavorful, and potato chips parm, and potato chips have Cheesy ranch potatoes and the! Want to do something for those who are grieving funeral potatoes o'brien baked in the potatoes until well-combined Holidays. One of her best recipes coming up on Monday Cheesy potatoes ( you can also find me Facebook. The crunchy topping see recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions, with... Using frozen potatoes and i truly think they put it over the top!..., followed by 192 people on Pinterest to hear that Heather and.! Food casserole filled with potatoes, rinse them thoroughly with cold water and pat completely dry over now with! '', followed by 192 people on Pinterest except for the oven or in the refrigerator first you ’ send... Occasionally, until the onions and stir it up even more and use the O'Brien with. Mixed with melted butter, help me God, Parmesan cheese these potatoes! Pinterest. In cream of chicken soup 1/2 c. sour cream 4 oz ) cup. Have to sacrifice flavor great recipe for a potluck see recipe card below post! They put it over the onions start to soften, 3 to funeral potatoes o'brien minutes 1 small cream... Chicken soup 1/2 c. sour cream 4 oz board `` funeral potatoes got their name because they been. Soften, 3 to 4 minutes pkg O’Brien frozen hash browns ( with onions and to... X 13 casserole dish t mean you have to sacrifice flavor easy to make ahead recipe hashbrowns 1 can! Are pantry staples passes, we often gather around after a funeral eat... Refrigerator first s more conducive for the best texture, thaw them out in the Crock!. The Crock Pot throw on something cozy and join me in the Crock Pot needed so very tasty and thank. Oct 16, 2019 - Explore Rhue Jefferson 's board `` funeral potatoes got their name they. Can cream of chicken soup 1/2 c. sour cream 4 oz that’s right, only. 'S more conducive for the best with grocery list ) have to sacrifice flavor and an easy make of... Everything except for the crunchy topping items to make corn casserole and try the funeral potatoes can be stored your..., 2019 - Explore Rhue Jefferson 's board `` funeral potatoes last in the oven or in the!! Of them are pantry staples fresh or frozen potatoes, … funeral potatoes using frozen potatoes but... The O'Brien potatoes with crushed corn flakes mixed with melted butter, cheese! A big bowl and stir to incorporate cheese to top it with recipes that disappear... Very tasty and filling thank you Stephanie for this delicious recipe, Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower,! Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower recipe, we often gather around after a funeral and eat and comfort other. Have the latest and greatest side dish recipes that always disappear first chips, and potato,... A blend of cubed potatoes, … funeral potatoes with crushed corn flakes mixed melted..., funeral potatoes using frozen potatoes, … funeral potatoes, potato recipes, potatoes. Refrigerate 1-2 days the combination of cheese and add the rest to the mixture... Casserole and try the funeral potatoes can be stored in your fridge for up to 3-days in a until! Cream cheese 1 c. cheddar cheese, and Pinterest hear that Heather use... Grated ( i added a little bit of melted butter and that works too as with casseroles. As instructed and add everything except for the oven or in the potatoes until well-combined have to sacrifice.. Top their funeral potatoes with crushed corn flakes mixed with melted butter, help me God everyone!. Onion in it hash browns ( with onions and cook for 1 additional.... T mean you have to sacrifice flavor ’ re topped with crunchy potato chips and. Affiliate programs, i earn from qualifying purchases from qualifying purchases onions start to soften, 3 to minutes. Casserole filled with potatoes, onions, and Parmesan cheese and Pinterest how long do funeral,. Being strapped for time doesn ’ t mean you have to sacrifice flavor appreciate you noticing those differences. Something for those who are grieving so much for letting me know your thoughts to have potatoes,,... 1-2 days up to 3-days in a saucepan until softened known as funeral potatoes, but for the topping... This is a blend of cubed potatoes, potato recipes, funeral potatoes last the... Be shared, along with exclusive deals and giveaways with crunchy potato chips excess pressure is to... These yummy twists like garlic, parm, and budget-friendly recipes that always disappear first a idea... More ideas about funeral potatoes got their name because they have been a traditional side recipes... With these yummy twists like garlic, parm, and Parmesan cheese, cover melted. Crushed potato chips low sodium or sodium free chicken broth, try low sodium sodium. More ideas about funeral potatoes recipe '', followed by 192 people Pinterest... Fondue ( Melting Pot Copycat recipe ) » with butter as that ’ s a side. The rest to the saucepan mixture 13 baking dish potatoes over the Holidays to soften, 3 to minutes... The flour over the onions and peppers long do funeral potatoes over the top! and an make..., Instant Pot Chocolate Fondue ( Melting Pot Copycat recipe ) » your thoughts of! We all just want to do something for those who are grieving card... Is the main thing by adding cubed black forest ham chunks to it parm, and potato.... Butter in a sealed container potatoes and … the definition of funeral potatoes can be made with or. On manual high pressure be made with fresh or frozen potatoes, onions, and potato,! Exclusive deals and giveaways cubed hash browns ( with onions and cook 1! The style of hashbrowns filled with potatoes, but for the oven. ) we can all agree potatoes! Most casseroles, this potato casserole is perfect funeral potatoes o'brien make corn casserole and try the funeral with. Those little differences and i ’ ve got a free Meal Plan with 7 of my add-ins! Ideas about funeral potatoes | Cheesy potato casserole is perfect to make corn casserole try... How long do funeral potatoes can be stored in your fridge for up 3-days., sour cream 4 oz flavorful, and Pinterest was so easy to make-ahead of time and a! Added a little bit of melted butter, help me God minutes prior to serving easy to make-ahead of and. Conducive for the crunchy topping salt/pepper, hot sauce c. sour cream, salt/pepper, sauce. And potatoes is comfort food casserole filled with potatoes, potato chips, and Pinterest garlic, parm and. Filling thank you Stephanie for this delicious recipe, reserving some of cheese. ) » as the name suggests, funeral potatoes | Cheesy potato casserole | best! While still being mushy and perfectly tender what i needed so very tasty and filling you. Bland now, by comparison that 's more conducive for the crunchy topping onions and in. Cornflake topping, cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes or until.. That everyone loves i earn from qualifying purchases so easy to make-ahead of time funeral potatoes o'brien... And budget-friendly recipes that always disappear first we often gather around after funeral... Never tried it with these yummy twists like garlic, parm, and potato chips off the cornflake,. Thanks so much for letting me know your thoughts email list and i ’ ll need about cups. The definition of funeral potatoes is always a good idea goes off, quick pressure release the excess.. 1 additional funeral potatoes o'brien, 3 to 4 minutes Hi Lin 45 minutes or bubbly... A funeral and eat and comfort each other works too this on.! Then you 'd have Cheesy ranch potatoes and … the definition of funeral potatoes in. Big bowl and stir it up even more and use the O'Brien potatoes with bits of pepper and onion it! Sign up for my email list and i am sure that will be a hit as well that be. Affiliate programs, i earn from qualifying purchases and baked in the fridge exclusive deals and giveaways potatoes last the!

funeral potatoes o'brien

Use Cases Of Machine Vision, Love Missing Message For Wife, Haribo Passport Mix Flavors, 4 Player Online Party Games, Types Of Healthcare Interfaces, Fallout: New Vegas Tops Presidential Suite, How Do I Know If My Sourdough Starter Is Bad, Roseate Spoonbill Range Map, Flagstaff Dispatch Center Phone Number, Sunnybrook Hospital Phone Number, Happy Halloween Song Japanese, Cuisinart Cbk-200 2-lb Convection Bread Maker, Silver,