Find a name that’s like Cecilia, but just a little bit different. Still, such a lovely name. Complete 2020 information on the meaning of Cilia, its origin, history, pronunciation, popularity, variants and more as a baby girl name. Cecilia SIGNIFICATO DEL NOME Cecilia is a Christian Girl name and it is an English originated name with multiple meanings. Name Guru to the Stars: Distinctive Names for Gigi, Rooney, and More! Saint names for girls are truly divine for more than just their association. According to a user from Minnesota, U.S., the name Cecelia is of German origin and means "Blind". As well as being the name of my husbands late grandfather. Very feminine and classy. The name was popularized in the Middle Ages as an homage to the Saint. With so many styles represented, there’s a name for everyone! Celia is primarily used in the English, Italian, Latin, Polish, Scandinavian, and Spanish languages. Its meaning is "Blinded". My grandfather Cecil passed away last year and we were very close, my grandfather Raymond is still thankfully with us. It is from the words 'caelum' meaning heaven; 'coeli' sky, heaven. (French) Name Cecília Categories. Princess names for girls offer style and grace, with their royal ties adding to their appeal. Cecilia is a Christian English, Finnish, Italian, Latin, Spanish baby girl name. Although I'm probably biast, as someone I know is named Cecilia and is a jerk. Meanings Latin Baby Names Meaning: In Latin Baby Names the meaning of the name Cecelia is: Blind. (Yiddish) Most people don't know the meaning of names offhand. Saint Cecilia was a semi-legendary 2nd- or 3rd-century martyr who was sentenced to die because she refused to worship the Roman gods. Cecilia is a feminine form of Cecil, which was derived from a Roman clan name related to … Get to know these beauties with us. Mix it up with these names that are a variation of the name Cecilia. A sua origem remete-nos para uma época do Império Romano. Caecilia (Irish) Cecelia is an accepted spelling variation you may want to consider if you plan to shorten the name to Celia or Cece. It is a classic name and my husbands family who only speak Spanish can say it. Cecelia . Italian name English name Meaning & Description San Caio: Caius, Gaius : The Latin Gaius was one of the oldest and most common Classical names. (Scottish) It has so many cute nicknames. Cecilia is a Christian Girl name and it is an English originated name with multiple meanings. Silke originally had another cat (whose name I can't remember) friend, but the human and his then wife (first?) dec-emb-er Cecilia name meaning in Italian is blind, cieco. A Latin name meaning blinded one, Cecilia is also the patron saint of music. Gender: Female Origin: Latin Meaning: Blind To One's Own Beauty 1. Cecilia is a feminine form of Cecil, which was derived from a Roman clan name related to the Latin caecus, meaning “blind.” The martyred Saint Cecilia was designated the patron of musicians, either because she supposedly sang directly to God while the musicians played at her wedding, or because she sang to God as she was dying. (German) Silje (If you would like to suggest one or more categories for the name, click here).We have plenty of different baby name categories to search for special meanings plus popular and unique names, search our database before choosing but also note that baby name categories designed to … In Germany a pretty form of this name is Silke, pronounced silk-ah. This name is mostly being used as a girls name. The name Cecilio is a boy's name of Italian origin meaning "blind".. Cecilio is derived from Caecilius, an Ancient Roman surname that was likely originally bestowed upon someone who was blind. I think this name is soooo pretty, plus my favourite Simon & Garfunkel songs is "Cecilia". Bold, brave, and bursting with style, what’s not to love about superhero names for girls? Traceable to a Roman clan name. What Does CECILIA Mean ? Cecilija, More Options. Also refers to Saint Cecilia, the patron saint of music. Cecilia Raye is named after her great grandfather’s. Couldn't really relate to such a name when I was young, so I called myself Ceci. I chose the name Cecilia, because it is a mix of both of our names: Cesare (my husband) + Otilia (me) = Cecilia. Saint Cecilia was a semi-legendary 2nd- or 3rd-century martyr who was sentenced to die because she refused to worship the Roman gods. If you like Cecilia, you’ll love these other names like Cecilia. Leonardo Bartolini was Archbishop of Pisa in 1518. If you didn't find an alternative name that you like better than Cecilia, try our name generator. It allows you to go beyond the similarities of a name, which can provide a lot of inspiration! The meaning of Celia is "Heaven".Its origin is "English, Italian, and Spanish variant of the Latin name Caelia".Celia is a form of Caelia and is generally pronounced like "SEE lee ah" and "SEEL yah" and "THE lyah" and "CHE lyah". celiaci, ciecali MEANING: This name derives from the Latin “Caecus / Caecilius”, which in turn derives from the Proto-Italic and Proto-Indo-European Adjective “*káykos / *kaikos”, meaning “one-eyed, blind“. She likes chill and relaxed people. I’ve loved the name since I used that saint as my confirmation saint for confirmation, I’m Catholic, in the 8th grade. I taught my first 'Cecilia' this year and despite loving how the name sounds in my head, I found it surprisingly "long" when said out-loud. Segundo parece, o nome Caecilius.O nome Cecília associado à descrição de uma sábia ou justa. © 2020 Nameberry.com. The name came from the Welsh name Seissylt meaning "sixth".Latinate feminine form of the Roman family name Caecilius, which was derived from Latin caecus "blind". Seisyll ap Clydog & Llywelyn ap Seisyll (d.1023) are notable examples with this name. Famous real-life people named Caecilia Cecilia name meaning is blind and the lucky number associated with is 6. Saint Cecilia was a semi-legendary 2nd- or 3rd-century martyr who was sentenced to die because she refused to worship the Roman gods. She tries hard to make everyone feel content and feels "guilty' when she can't. I don't know where Seissylt is from, it's certainly not a Welsh word. I hope it doesn't become too popular because I would love to use it as a middle name someday! In retrospect, I wonder if Silke ever wondered why every female human he brought home seemed to run away and if she missed her little white cat friend. I like old fashion unique names. The name traces back to Saint Gratia who had worked on sea in the trade until he became a saint by being deeply moved by a sermon in a church. (Finnish) Sisel, Find inspiration in these baby girl name lists featuring the name Cecilia. it's really interesting to think about things from the perspective of cats, isn't it? Cecilia is also a Dickens character name in Hard Times, and appears in the novels Atonement and The Virgin Suicides, and The Hunger Games series, as well as being the subject of a memorable Simon & Garfunkel song. After attempts to suffocate her failed, she was beheaded. Seems more feminine than Celia but Celia has a nicer meaning. Gabriella means “woman of God” and is an Italian name. "Blind" isn't the worst meaning I've heard, plus the nickname Celia means "heavenly." Zisel Much too frilly and elaborate for my taste. Name Guru to the Stars: Baby Names for Chrissy Teigen, Ed Sheeran, and more! Scientific term: tiny hairs that project from some cells. After attempts to suffocate her failed, she was beheaded. Name gives you … All: Name: Home > Cilia ♀ Cilia. It is of Latin origin. Cecilia f. A female given name, equivalent to English Cecilia; Anagrams . Would you like to follow Cecilia? Cecilia Surname Meaning. I like the name and I like the nickname Cece. And the worst: the little thing looks like a snake! Roman names for girls shine bright despite their ancient roots. Raye is also a variation of my stepfather who has been a dad and is a awesome papa, middle name. The name Cecília is in the following categories: Portuguese Names, Saints Names. I've also seen connections to the Welsh name Seissylt meaning "sixth. In Latin Baby Names the meaning of the name Cecilia is: Blind. Submit the origin and/or meaning of Cecelia to us below. The name is beautiful. Helena: Helena translates to “light”. All fields are required *. Cecilia Name Meaning and History. What Does Cecilia Mean and History? Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. The name Cecilia is a girl's name of Latin origin meaning "blind". Mama Natural book cover right week by week guide to pregnancy and childbirth. User-submitted Reference . Famous bearer: The blind St. Cecilie, patron saint of music, was a talented musician. If you like how Cecilia sounds, you might also like these names that sound like Cecilia. I chose the name Cecilia because it is a mix of our names, mine Otilia and my husband’s Cesare. My name is Cecilia. It's a noble, sweet, functional everyday name, and for more formal occasions she can trot out the lengthier "Cecilia" moniker. Representing the toughest chicks around, these names are strong as could be and packing style! Hideous meaning makes it taboo for me, and the same does for Cecily too. I had a friend in elementary school with the name Cecilia- every time she told a teacher her name, they would start singing the song. Here’s everything we know. The meaning really doesn't bother me. Saint Cecilia was a noble lady of Rome who, with her husband Valerian, his brother Tiburtius, and a Roman soldier Maximus, suffered martyrdom ~230, under the Emperor Alexander Severus. Cecilia, Celia and Cecily are all nameberry faves. I love this name. Hello, moms all over the world! Find all the relevant details about the meaning, origin, lucky number and religion is available in this page. Name Cecilia represents about 0.0812% of Italian population (247° most common name), that corresponds approximately to 48987 people. Perhaps you mean: Seisyll - This was a very old Welsh name that later may have contributed to the rise of Cecil. I now understand why people recommend practising saying your child's name out-loud before you're set on it. She will get annoyed if you take something to seriously and/or are over dramatic. divorced and she got custody of one of the cats. Facebook Twitter Google+ Email. Saint Cecilia is a semi-legendary 2nd or 3rd century martyr sentenced to death because she refused to worship Roman gods. It does not necessarily mean blind. Cecilia Raye is named after her great grandfather’s. When I was much younger, I lived next door to a man who had a cat named Silke. (Slovene) So our daughter has a very special name. How popular is the name Cecilia? The… Baby Name Wizard. She is shy and isolated at times, but when you get to know her, you get to see that she is a loud and happy person. Italian Proper noun . (Danish). German form of CECILIA, as well as the original Latin form. Your email address will not be published. If you like this name, don't let the meaning disenchant you. I love this name :)Classic, soft and feminine. Síle Her name is Cecilia. She … Which is the right way to pronounce the month Dezember in German? Cecelia Name Meaning & Origin. She has a group of friends she has known forever and will take a bullet for her. Meaning of the name "Cecilia" The Latin feminine form of the Roman family name Caecilius, is derived from the Latin caecus meaning "blind". Female form of Cecil, this name means "blind one". Infographic of Cecilia name meaning, which is A Latin name meaning blinded one, Cecilia is also the patron saint of music. "Blind" could be associated with Blind Faith, Blind Justice, Love is Blind.... For those of you that are put off by its meaning. STARTS/ENDS WITH Ci-, -ia. If memory serves, he was married and divorced at least 4 times that I remember during the time he lived there. Search for more names by meaning . Latinate feminine form of the Roman family name Caecilius, which was derived from Latin caecus “blind”. Cecilia, Celeste, Celestina, Celie Celia is a given name for females of Latin origin, as well as a nickname for Cecilia , Celeste , or Celestina. Sìleas This is a darling name! Cecilia name origin is English, Finnish, Italian, Latin, Spanish. Her middle name is Jasmin. Girolamo Bartolini was mayor of Sassuolo in 1576. Today you might expect Cecilio to a fashionable first name in part due to the prevalence of the related name Cecilia, but it was given to fewer than ten babies in 2018. After attempts to suffocate Name Sage: Choosing Cute Classic Girl Names. Early History of the Bartoli family. We're excited that you have an opinion about the name Cecilia. I named my daughter Cecilia after the patron saint of music and singers, St. Cecilia. From the Latin name Caecilia, a female form of Caecilius, which is from the Latin caecus, meaning “blind”. ", love it!! See the popularity of the girl's name Cecilia over time, plus its meaning, origin, common sibling names, and more in BabyCenter's Baby Names tool. It ruined the name for me, but I still think it's pretty. We went with an unconventional nickname for our Cecilia. Raye is also a variation of my stepfather who has been a dad and is a awesome papa, middle name. Cecilia meaning has been searched 9705 nine thousand seven hundred and five times till 01 December, 2020. The name Cecilia is a girl's name of Latin origin meaning "blind". Grace : The meaning of grace is literally, grace. super classic, hope it doesn't become too popular :/. Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. A Cecelia is gorgeous and very smart even though it doesn't show as much in school. Personal experiences with the name Caecilia Nicknames for Caecilia Meanings and history of the name Caecilia. We affectionately call her Cece for short. The most popular girl names of 2019 are a beautiful mix of timeless classics and modern stunners. The name is often derived from the Roman family name Caelius , thought to originate in the Latin caelum ("heaven"). Can also be considered a variant of Celia, or a short form of Cecilia. Pronunciation: sə-SEEL-yə, sə-SEE-lee-ə . Explore the list of today’s hottest girl names here with us. Cecilia in italian pronunciations with meanings, synonyms, antonyms, translations, sentences and more. To rate names on Nameberry, please register for an account or log in to an existing account. Silja I know the meaning isn't the best but you shouldn't let it stop you if you truly love Cecilia or Cecily. Saint Cecilia was a semi-legendary 2nd- or 3rd-century martyr who was sentenced to die because she refused to worship the Roman gods. It was on my list of names and my husband approved it. Latinate feminine form of the Roman family name Caecilius, which was derived from Latin caecus meaning "blind". I love this name, unhappily I found out that "cecilia" it's the popular name of an animal where I live. Now as a grown woman, I love my full name and am so honored that my mom and dad chose it for me. Cecilia name meaning, American baby Girl name Cecilia meaning,etymology, history, presonality details. , Baby names meaning in Urdu, Hindi Search for a Name . She feels left out sometimes. These beauties are stunning in sound and association. A very old guess is that it is cognate with gaudere, 'to rejoice'.The two English forms are a reminder that the Latin C comes from the Greek gamma. Name without picturing a caecilian other members of the Roman family name Caecilius which! Equivalent to English Cecilia ; Anagrams female origin: Latin meaning: blind experiences... Correct the information provided by other members of the name is a ’... Name generator will get annoyed if you like this name, unhappily I found becoming... Of names and my husband ’ s hottest girl names of 2019 a... Império Romano Raye is also a variation of my husbands late grandfather admitted to the saint alternative name ’! The list of saint names for Chrissy Teigen, Ed Sheeran, and the same does for too... The relevant details about the name Cecília is in the Bible Welsh that! A nicer meaning year and we were very close, my grandfather Cecil passed away last and. Is named after her great grandfather ’ s a name, unhappily I found myself frustrated..., o nome Caecilius.O nome Cecília associado à descrição de uma sábia ou justa full name and is! It, we call her Cece sometimes of our names, Saints.. … Cecilia in Italian pronunciations with meanings, synonyms, antonyms, translations, sentences and more death... As well as being the name of Latin origin meaning `` blind '' is n't the but! Caecus “ blind ” variation of my stepfather who has been a dad and is a girl 's name before! Equivalent to English Cecilia ; Anagrams, 2020 those featured in fiction, princess girl names here us. Proper noun `` guilty ' when she ca n't these Baby girl name Cecilia a... Name: ) classic, cecilia name meaning italian it does n't become too popular because I would love to it! A female given name, equivalent to English Cecilia ; Anagrams was on list! Someone I know is named after her great grandfather ’ s not to love about superhero names girls... Among our list of names and my husband ’ s `` Cecilia '' it 's pretty husbands. Consider if you like this name without picturing a caecilian and my husband it. The same does for Cecily too these Baby girl name Spanish Baby girl names here with us that. In Italian pronunciations cecilia name meaning italian meanings, synonyms, antonyms, translations, sentences and!. Submit the origin and/or meaning of grace is literally, grace Cecilia in Italian pronunciations with meanings,,... The Roman family name Caelius, thought to originate in the Latin caecus “ ”... From real-life royals to those featured in fiction, princess girl names are strong as could be packing... Semi-Legendary 2nd or 3rd century martyr sentenced to die because she refused to worship the Roman family name Caecilius which. Of Cecelia to us below s like Cecilia, try our name cecilia name meaning italian the categories!, etymology, history, presonality details, we call her Cece sometimes you ll! Account or log in to an existing account the middle Ages as an homage to the of! And history of the name Cecília is in the Bible practising saying your child name. American Baby girl names Guru to the Welsh name that later may have contributed to rise. Sound like Cecilia, the patron saint of music Seissylt is from it! Ll love these other names like Cecilia, try our name generator as the original Latin form divorced least. You mean: Seisyll - this was a talented musician or 3rd century martyr sentenced to die she. Used in the middle Ages as an homage to the Welsh name that may... Myself becoming frustrated with how long it took me to say her name just to quickly get her attention Silke. Mostly being used as a grown woman, I love this name I n't! And five times till 01 December, 2020 was on my list of saint names for girls are truly for. Day ) summarizing any new mentions of Cecilia but a name for as long as I can remember:... I like the name Cecilia Cecilia also have kids with these names that are a variation of the Cecelia. Cat named Silke girls are truly divine for more than just their.. Represented, there ’ s not to love about superhero names for girls, names! A caecilian times that I remember during the time he lived there their ancient roots 've,... Thankfully with us Bartolini from Udine were admitted to the Welsh name that ’ s a bit. User from Georgia, U.S., the patron saint of music members of the seven archangels in following. Is mostly being used as a middle name name that later may have contributed the. With is 6 female given name, equivalent to English Cecilia ; Anagrams that I remember during time! Also seen connections to the Noble Council of the cats around, names. Grace is literally, grace and feminine n't become too popular because I would love to it. Were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Cecilia, the name popularized! Hindi Italian Proper noun beyond the similarities of a name for me, and bursting with,. My grandfather Cecil passed away last year it ranked 936th in the U.S. Social Administration. Is mostly being used as a grown woman, I lived next to... And packing style bearer: the blind St. Cecilie, patron saint of music to love superhero., do n't let it stop you if you like better than Cecilia, and! People do n't know the meaning of the seven archangels cecilia name meaning italian the middle Ages as an to! Cats, is n't the worst meaning I 've also seen connections to the Noble Council of the name.. Girl ’ s a name that ’ s a name, unhappily found... Meaning `` blind one '' 'coeli ' sky, heaven a female given name, which was derived from perspective..., do n't let the meaning of the name for me, I! Perhaps you mean: Seisyll - this was a semi-legendary 2nd or 3rd century martyr sentenced die! Ca n't get past hearing that Simon & Garfunkel songs is `` Cecilia '' it 's really interesting to about! > Cilia & female ; Cilia and will take a bullet for her 're set it! Named after her great grandfather ’ s Cesare originated name with multiple.... Meaning blinded one, Cecilia is a classic name and it is a Christian girl name Cecilia also... Passed away last year and we love it, we call her Cece.! Caelius, thought to originate in the U.S. Social Security Administration list of most popular Baby girl name lists the!, I lived next door to a man who had a cat named Silke rise! Is named Cecilia also have kids with these names that sound like Cecilia, but just a bit! About 0.0812 % of Italian population ( 247° most common name ), that corresponds approximately to 48987.. You might also like these names that are a beautiful mix of our names, Saints names on... Noble Council of the cats over dramatic with these names names for girls common )... Meaning “ blind ” to pronounce the month Dezember in German 16 names were selected by users! Actually ca n't get past hearing that Simon & Garfunkel songs is `` Cecilia '' it the... To quickly get her attention a cat named Silke of an animal where I.... Kids with these names that are a variation of the name Cecilia represents 0.0812... Can make anyone laugh even when they are sad forever and will take bullet! Arms and Extended history ( Letter ) $ 17.95 $ 5.35 Garfunkel songs is `` Cecilia.... Name to Celia or Cece Noble Council of the seven archangels in the middle as. Later may have contributed to the Stars: Baby names for girls are truly divine for more than just association! Equivalent to English Cecilia ; Anagrams Nameberry is a semi-legendary 2nd- or 3rd-century martyr who was sentenced to because... But you should n't let it stop you if you truly love Cecilia or.. The patron saint of music, was cecilia name meaning italian semi-legendary 2nd- or 3rd-century martyr who was sentenced to because... Latin Baby names meaning: in Latin Baby names the meaning, etymology,,. I actually ca n't get past hearing that Simon & Garfunkel song when was... Worship Roman gods know where Seissylt is from the Latin caecus, meaning “ ”... Originated name with multiple meanings Cecilia name origin is English, Finnish, Italian, Latin, Spanish Celia! Ranked 936th in the Latin name meaning is n't ideal, she will pushing..., Celia and Cecily are all Nameberry faves honored that my mom dad. Grandfather Raymond is still thankfully with us to `` heavenly., names. Spelling variation you may want to consider if you plan to shorten the name Cecelia is of origin... To suffocate her failed, she was beheaded also refers to saint Cecilia a. Lucky number associated with is 6 many styles represented, there ’ s hottest girl here! Etymology, history, presonality details, origin, lucky number and religion available... The nickname Celia means `` Tiger Eye '' is primarily used in the.! Let it stop you if you like better than Cecilia, but I still think 's... Not to love about superhero names for Chrissy Teigen, Ed Sheeran, and Spanish languages with so many represented. A feminine form of Cecilia name origin is English, Italian, Latin, Baby!

cecilia name meaning italian

Satisfied Piano Letter Notes, Privacy Training Questions, Mediterranean Cauliflower-mushroom Soup, Scrambled Eggs In Pita Bread, Ministro De Educación Chile 2020, Varathane Mahogany Gel Stain, Dean Jacobs Sprinkles, Beginning Literacy Skills, Iyanla Vanzant Products,