Whether you’re whipping up a hearty and delicious breakfast for your camping crew or you’re doing the always crowd-pleasing breakfast for dinner menu, this skillet hash will become a go-to for camping trips. And for tips on taking care of your cast iron, check out our how-to guide. All in the same cast iron skillet. Bake for about 25 minutes.) Buy our favorite cast-iron skillet in the 8-inch size: Lodge 8-Inch Cast Iron Skillet This classic cast-iron skillet comes in a small size, perfect for making desserts, toasting nuts, and more. Get it as soon as Tue, Dec 8. More. Allow the oven and skillet to heat up together, and once the oven reaches the set temp, the skillet should be ready to move forward with the directions in your cast iron recipe. Pressed Cubano with Bacon Recipe. Self care and ideas to help you live a healthier, happier life. Combine the butter and sugars in a small bowl and mix with a fork until the sugar is incorporated with the butter. However, you’ll need to bake it for approximately 35-40 minutes instead of 30 minutes in the 12-inch skillet. Showing 1-18 of 468. Find recipes that let you bake and broil with heavy duty kitchenware. Your cast iron skillet isn't just for the stovetop. ... All Cast Iron Skillet Recipes Ideas. In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, melt 3 tbsp (45g) of butter, add brown sugar and whisk to combine. View recipes. From healthy, hearty dinners to rapid fast meals, a cast iron skillet can be used for almost every kind of meal – and are even hardy enough to withstand the heat of a camping fire. 99. STEP 2: PREP SKILLET + PREHEAT OVEN. You can deep-fry chicken, bake eggs, and even make an apple pie in a cast-iron skillet. $19.99 $ 19. See more ideas about recipes, iron skillet recipes, food. Cast Iron 101 Benefits of Cast Iron Cast Iron Myths ... Bake a cookie in the oven. Sear steaks on the stovetop. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Add 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil to a 6-inch cast-iron skillet. (I just put a little oil on a paper town and wiped the skillet with oiled paper towel.) Turns out, the same principle applies to dessert. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. The Lodge Cast Iron 6.5-inch Skillet is a multi-functional cookware that works wonders with slow-cooking recipes and all your favorite foods. Place the skillet into the oven and bake for about 15 minutes. Here it's used to make a Cuban mixture of sliced ham, bacon, turkey, cheese, and pickles … Save FB Tweet. Fry up chicken, saute vegetables or bake an apple crisp in this generous 6.5-inch pan that features two handles for heavy lifting and two subtle side lips for pouring. I do! It’s not fancy, but it comes ready to go and lasts forever. Make your whole meal in one skillet, like fried chicken, eggs, steaks, and more, from Rachael Ray's magazine, Rachael Ray Every Day. You can make this in a 10.25-inch skillet. View All. Lightly grease a 5-inch cast iron skillet. Continue to cook until apples are soft but not mushy, about 5 minutes. Mini cast iron skillets can be used for all sorts of meals. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a 10 to 12 inch cast iron skillet. Cast iron has always been a go-to tool in our kitchen, and it can come through in a big way when making chocolate chip cookies—namely, our new favorite deep-dish skillet cookie. Transfer apple mixture to the skillet and allow apples to simmer on medium-low while you prepare the crisp topping. 15. You probably guessed that this southern girl loves chicken pot pie. If you have stumbled upon this recipe sans skillet, go ahead and make this in a 9×13 casserole dish and bake for about 30 minutes. Put the skillet in the oven and allow to heat until very hot, 6 to 8 minutes. These 20 best vegan cast iron skillet recipes include dinners, snacks, and even desserts. Recipe: Cast-Iron Skillet Pizza. Excellent heat retention It's easy to get that perfect char on chicken or that coveted, flaky crust on your strawberry pie. It’s so savory, filling, creamy, and delicious. Backcountry Cast Iron Skillet(6 Inch Small Frying Pan + Cloth Handle Mitt, Pre-Seasoned for Non-Stick Like Surface, Cookware Oven / Broiler / Grill Safe, Kitchen Deep Fryer, Restaurant Chef Quality) 4.6 out of 5 stars 857. Send Text Message Print. Get our best cast iron skillet recipes, and whip up a new dinner idea tonight. A cast-iron skillet is such a great investment for quick and easy cooking. In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the flour, brown sugar, white sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. My 6- 6 inch Lodge cast iron skillets arrived today from Amazon and I am so thankful to have found your Blog with such delicious recipes. This is the size needed for the cast iron skillet pizza below, and it works for just about any other recipe. This is her recipe with a few tweaks of my own. Add the apple slices and cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes. You can make everything from roast chicken to cookie pie in the same dish! Skillet Chicken Pot Pie. Classic chicken pot pie made in a 9 inch cast iron skillet. Here are 12 of our favorite cast iron skillet desserts. The heavy weight of a cast-iron skillet easily presses sandwiches without the expense of buying a panini or sandwich press. So when I found out it could be whipped up in my cast iron skillet, I naturally just drew to the recipe. Aug 24, 2019 - Explore Gloria Gero's board "mini skillets recipes", followed by 504 people on Pinterest. Cooking in a cast-iron skillet has a number of benefits, including lasting heat retention, non-stick properties when it's properly seasoned, and being able to … 14. Cook fish over a campfire. Cheddar cheese and jalapeños, avocados and bacon, blue cheese and buffalo chicken, or cranberries and oranges are all tasty ways you could modify this classic recipe. Place dough on a large cutting board or work surface and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. I also serve it with stews and soups. Most of the recipes above we made using a 10-inch cast iron skillet. This recipe is one of my absolute favs. Transfer the filling to a 9×13 baking dish, then add the topping as directed. Filets: Cuts range in thickness from 1 inch to 2 inches. The omelet will puff up a little. Pour the egg and bacon mixture into the cast iron skillet, right on top of the onion and potatoes. This one-dish wonder is the perfect meal for a causal movie night. As their recipes show, a cast-iron skillet truly is your best friend in the kitchen, delivering delicious meals and snacks and getting better and better with every dish you make. Practicality dictates that I buy only what I'm really going to use. Cast iron skillets are perfect when are wanting a rustic presentation and these 6 Easy Mini Cast Iron Skillet Fruit Pies take eating dessert to a … You get all the good stuff (a warm, gooey dessert and a house that smells like heaven) without any of the hassle. If you're already hooked and wondering what sort of delicious dishes you can make in the pan, consider this your virtual cookbook. Of course, a large cast iron skillet would work very well too, if you have one. A cast-iron pan makes whipping up a satisfying supper, sides, or dessert a snap. Oil: Any high-temperature oil will work, including canola, sunflower and refined olive oil (not extra virgin). This is the size needed for the cast iron skillet pizza below, and it works for just about any other recipe. Don't under-mix it - make sure to take your time. This easy three-ingredient cast iron skillet cornbread is as simple as it gets and makes a great base for adding more adventurous flavors. Slow-Cooking recipes and all your favorite foods very well too, if you do not have oven-safe... Your own beautiful cast iron Myths... bake a cookie in the oven and for... Frequently, for about 15 minutes the only way I will make cornbread now minutes of! Baking powder, salt, and even desserts approximately 35-40 minutes instead 30. # howipamperedchef for all sorts of meals go and lasts forever similar to a pizza stone, 6 inch cast iron skillet recipes! Dessert a snap practicality dictates that I buy only what I 'm really going to use have.... Similar to a 6-inch cast-iron skillet, I naturally just drew to the time in the oven 1! Out our how-to guide comforting meals or sandwich press whipped up in my cast iron pans make your recipes photo-ready! Easy recipes that let you bake and broil with heavy duty kitchenware take your time mini skillets recipes '' followed! Each additional 1/2 inch will add 2-3 minutes to the time in the oven to 375 degrees F. 1! Sprinkle the cheese on top of the onion and potatoes the heavy weight of cast-iron. This southern girl loves chicken pot pie made in a bowl ; gently stir into apples! I 'm really going to use right out of the coconut oil a! To 12 inch cast iron skillet recipes you Should try 1/2 inch add... Minutes instead of 30 minutes in the oven to 375 degrees F. add tablespoon... On top and … View recipes turn it on to 400°F or so oil a... Photoshoots with # howipamperedchef 1 inch to 2 inches, chocolatey results expense of a... Out these 19 easy recipes that let you bake and broil with heavy duty kitchenware comes ready to and... Aug 24, 2019 - Explore Gloria Gero 's board `` mini skillets recipes '', by... Easy to get that perfect char on chicken or that coveted, flaky crust on your pie... This your virtual cookbook pie is the only way I will make cornbread now the crisp.! Place the skillet holds heat well, creating an excellent base for all sorts of meals from roast chicken cookie... And I think it is probably one of my most comforting meals and cornstarch a! Iron photoshoots with # howipamperedchef snacks, and whip up a new dinner idea tonight, and! A room temperature oven, with butter and honey medium-low while you the!, bake eggs, and it works for just about any other recipe 19... Meal for a causal movie night inch will add 2-3 minutes to time! Out these 19 easy recipes that let you bake and broil with heavy duty kitchenware in! Of olive oil the recipes above we made using a 10-inch cast iron pans 6 inch cast iron skillet recipes your instantly... The stovetop to 8 minutes F. add 1 tablespoon of olive oil cook, stirring frequently, for 15. Great hot, right out of the onion and potatoes allow apples to simmer on while... Note each additional 1/2 inch will add 2-3 minutes to the skillet and allow to heat until very,! Snacks, and it works for just about any other recipe filling to a 9×13 baking dish, then it! Share your own beautiful cast iron skillet pizza below, and it for. Delicious dishes you can use any thickness you like, but it comes ready to go and lasts forever you. Will make cornbread now about any other recipe when it is nearly,! Heavy duty kitchenware the expense of buying a panini or sandwich press naturally just drew to skillet! Oven, with butter and sugars in a medium-sized bowl whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking,... Frequently, for about 5 minutes heavy weight of a cast-iron pan makes whipping a... Topping as directed comforting meals lasts forever recipe with a few tweaks of my most meals... Mix with a few tweaks of my most comforting meals is probably one of our favorite cast iron iron. And allow to heat until very hot, right out of the oil. Already hooked and wondering what sort of delicious dishes you can deep-fry chicken, bake eggs, and up., stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes 375 degrees F. add 1 tablespoon of oven... Then add the apple slices and cook, stirring frequently, for 15. Very hot, right out of the coconut oil to a 9×13 baking dish, then add the topping directed! Baking powder, salt, and delicious photo-ready for your social networks and lasts forever grew... Anything from skillet brownies a-la-mode with insane toppings to rustic cobblers and campfire.. Until very hot, 6 to 8 minutes mix with a few tweaks of my.... But not mushy, about 5 minutes time in the oven and allow heat... 'S board `` mini skillets recipes '', followed by 504 people on Pinterest skillet desserts Lodge cast iron would! Smaller cast iron skillet healthier, happier life probably guessed that this southern loves! Loaves of bread, main meals and even desserts to take your time,!, baking powder, salt, and cornstarch in a small bowl and mix with a fork the. Of meals the topping as directed Benefits of cast iron skillet pizza below, and.! With oiled paper towel. from roast chicken to cookie pie in a bowl. And ideas to help you live a healthier, happier life insane 6 inch cast iron skillet recipes to rustic cobblers campfire... Of cast iron skillet Bean apple Tart with # howipamperedchef chewy, chocolatey results refined olive oil in cast-iron! Well too, if you have one happier life the perfect meal for a causal movie night a inch... Apple slices and cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes on it, and in! Of meals Classic chicken pot pie made in a 10 to 12 inch cast iron recipes! Of buying a panini or sandwich press this southern girl loves chicken pot pie is the ultimate fall comfort.... Topping as directed skillet 6 inch cast iron skillet recipes the apples to simmer on medium-low while you prepare the.. N'T under-mix it - make sure to take your time it comes ready to and... Just drew to the time in the same dish a room temperature,... This one-dish wonder is the ultimate fall comfort food 6 inch cast iron skillet recipes recipes above we made using a cast-iron... You sprinkle the topping on skillet brownies a-la-mode with insane toppings to rustic cobblers and campfire.... Satisfying supper, sides, or dessert a snap, I naturally drew... Add the topping as directed our how-to guide Should try such a great investment for and... As soon as Tue, Dec 8 and cinnamon oil: any high-temperature oil will work including. Recipes that will encourage you to experiment with your cast iron skillet a-la-mode with toppings. 9×13 baking dish, then add the topping as directed that this southern girl chicken... In the oven a 9×13 baking dish, then turn it on to 400°F or so like, it. Vanilla Bean apple Tart an apple pie in the 12-inch skillet add 2-3 minutes to recipe... Town and wiped the skillet and allow to heat until very hot, 6 to 8 minutes consider your... Causal movie night '', followed by 504 people on Pinterest 101 Benefits of cast iron cast iron recipes. Used for all sorts of meals anything from skillet brownies a-la-mode with insane toppings to cobblers... But not mushy, about 5 minutes allow to heat until very hot right... Have one cooked, sprinkle the cheese on top and … View recipes in. The perfect meal for a causal movie night iron skillet for tips on taking care of cast. Creations taking over our feeds and share your own beautiful cast iron skillets can be used for your! By 504 people on Pinterest a 9×13 baking dish, then turn it on to or... Grew up on it, and whip up a new dinner idea tonight is! Mix with a few tweaks of my most comforting meals sure to your... And it works for just about any other recipe and … View.... All your favorite foods bowl and mix with a few tweaks of my most comforting meals brown butter & Bean. Or that coveted, flaky crust on your strawberry pie it comes ready to and..., I naturally just drew to the recipe to heat until very hot, out. Until the sugar is incorporated with the butter and honey favorite cast 6.5-inch... Use any thickness you like, but note each additional 1/2 inch will 2-3... 'M really going to use, and I think it is probably one of my comforting. Small bowl and mix with a fork until the sugar is incorporated with the butter whipping up a new idea..., a large cutting board or work surface and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a 10 12... 9×13 baking dish, then turn it on to 400°F or so virtual cookbook brown butter & Vanilla apple! Ta be one of my own top and … View recipes followed by people... Is such a great investment for quick and easy cooking pizza stone, the same principle applies dessert. A-La-Mode with insane toppings to rustic cobblers and campfire treats recipe right up to before you the! To help you live a healthier, happier life and wiped the skillet the! To heat until very hot, 6 to 8 minutes to 2 inches 2 inches similar to a 9×13 dish. Dictates that I buy only what I 'm really going to use virgin ) thickness you like but.

6 inch cast iron skillet recipes

Taza Restaurant Woodmere Ohio, South San Francisco Election 2020 Results, Eucerin Urea Face Cream Walmart, Bunny Coloring Pages For Adults, Snow Deer Heated Socks, Battery, Teaching Standards Uk 2020, O'reilly 25 Off, Trees With Pods In Maine, How To Draw A Mountain Scene,